Thursday, November 10, 2011

1ST CHARITY PROJECT


TODAY, is a rare date, a very special date from Yahoo News, http://news.yahoo.com/rare-date-today-once-10-000-years-palindrome-181607951.html.

For me, today is a wonderful day. I'm full of energy and very happy to post my 1st charity project. So, inspired with kindnessgirl, Patience Salgado's, to pass it on, her kindness act.

Ever since, I always have like to help others. In my own little way, I have been donating my time teaching interested young and adult beginners how to crochet for free.

Last November 5, I just started crocheting for charity. I'm making chemo caps for children who have cancer. My goal is to make 24 caps or more to be delivered this coming christmas. But wait, my craft materials were damaged by typhoon Pedring, including my stocks of cotton threads. What will I do? Hmm, think, think and think.

As the saying goes "if there's a will, there's a way". I texted some of my friends about my project and the result was so positive. Corey right away donated this cotton threads.


My crafty friends Lorna, Angie, Yolly, and Chy pledge to donate finished chemo caps.

Just this dawn, I finished one, for ages 3 & 4 girl cap.



Yesterday, I found some leftover cotton threads from my previous projects and was not damaged by typhoon Pedring. So, I started my 2nd chemo cap.



The patterns will follow.


Till next posting...


Happy crocheting & giving !!!


Jurich

No comments:

Post a Comment